Thursday, February 24, 2011

the thrill of the chase


It has just dawned on me after spending four days in Sydney attending the Gift and Homewares Trade Fairs, that it is so much more satisfying searching for old pieces than it is buying new pieces for my shop. Whilst it is easier to buy new pieces from suppliers, it is definitely not as rewarding as searching for the old - "the thrill of the chase"!

Take these pieces of stoneware for example. I'm always on the lookout for cream/white stoneware bottles and demijohns and pick them up whenever I can. (When travelling I've been known to pack one or two into my suitcase from time to time.)








It can take weeks, months, and even years to build collections and often we will sell a whole collection or part thereof. (Mind you we always like to hold back a few pieces for "hire only" as we can't bear to part with it all!)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous GORGEOUS G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S Sue....I have a few pieces stained brown & crazed all over....** sigh ** ....I LOVE finding pieces to add to my collection....!

    I hope you enjoyed yourself in Sydney....I hear the TF was BRILLIANT....!

    Have a FAB week....!

    Cheers,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete